Sunday, February 26, 2012

Arena One: SlaveRunners by Morgan Rice


Arena One: Slaverunners is the first book in a new trilogy titled "The Survival Trilogy"  by best selling Indie Author Morgan Rice.

In this book we meet Brooke Moore and 17 Year old living in a savage "post-apocalyptic" world after the united states are basically destroyed by what is considered the "Second Civil War".

Brooke and her younger sister, Bree have been hiding out in the mountains of Northern New York for years, barely surviving.

Until One day when the Slaverunners, a violent gang of people running the countryside looking for survivors, show up and capture Bree taking her to the one place Brooke was hoping they would never have to go, Arena One.

Nobody gets out of Arena One alive, but Brooke will stop at nothing to get her sister back...

I will admit, before this book, I had never read anything post-apocalyptic before. I never thought they would be something I would enjoy. So when Morgan contacted me about reviewing her new book (I had reviewed her books before) I was excited to finally try something new, even though I didn't have high hopes.

Well, I was very pleasantly surprised at how addicting this book one. Arena One was one of those books that you read late into the night until your eyes start to cross because you don't want to put it down.

It is no secret that I love strong heroines in the books I read and nothing makes me put a book down more than a whiny heroine whose life revolves around finding romance. Well, I didn't have that problem with Arena One. Brooke was tough, strong, un-relentless, and while there is romance in the book, Brooke wasn't ruled by that.

I would highly recommend this book, as well as Morgan's Vampire Journals. I give Arena One 4/5 Stars and a big fat Thumbs Up.

For more information about Arena One click the link below, or you can visit Morgan Rice's website for more info on Arena One or some of her other bestselling books.


No comments:

Post a Comment