Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park


Way back in April of 2011 I got an email from an author that had just finished writing  new book and decided after months of rejections that she was going to self-publish to get her book out into the public. Well in that email she asked me to read an advanced copy and review it for her.

I jumped at the chance and what happened when I read this fantastic novel was magic. That novel was Flat-Out Love and that author was Jessica Park. This is the original review I put up in April...

"Flat-Out Love is about a small town Ohio girl, Julie, who moves to the big city of Boston to start her college life, but due to extenuating circumstances is asked to live with her mother's college Roommate Erin.
Julie quickly sees something off in this family as the youngest daughter; Celeste carries around a cardboard cutout of her oldest brother Finn while he is away traveling the world. The middle son Matt and the rest of the family will not tell her what caused Celeste to become so socially distant, and until she can uncover the truth, tries to help Celeste out of her shell.
This book was well written, the characters jumped off of the page, and this book will keep you up at night because you will not be able to put it down. I give this book 5/5 Stars."

The book went on to be a best selling phenomenon on Amazon and now Jessica has teamed with DigiGlyph Inc to create a one of a kind interactive book reading app for the iPhone and iPad. I won't go too far into the specifics of what this app can do because there is a link on the left hand side of my page that you can click to learn more.

One last thing. Laura, a new book blogger is having a giveaway on her blog and you can win a t-shirt from the book, worn my Matt and Phinn... So check that giveaway out here...

For more info on Flat-Out love click the link below or go to http://flatoutlove.blogspot.com/


4 comments:

  1. I LOVED that book! I don't think you were the one who told me about it, but I read it last year. I probably stumbled on it with my Amazon-addicted self. I'm excited for her, and I'll have to go check out her blog.

    http://www.talkativetaurus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished this book and I am still processing how wonderful this story was!!! I did not expect it to make me laugh out loud as much as it did and tell a heart warming story in the process...I highly recommend this to anyone young or old! Great writing style and the witty banter made it perfect

    ReplyDelete