Sunday, February 12, 2012

Overbite by Meg Cabot

Photo Courtesy of HarperCollins
Overbite by Meg Cabot tells the story of Meena Harper, a woman who can look at people and see how they are going to die, who is still in love with her ex-boyfriend, who just happens to be the Prince of Darkness and the son of Dracula, or Vlad the Impaler.

The only problem is that now she words for the Palatine, a secret organization led by the Vatican whose purpose is to find and kill all demons, including her vampire ex-boyfriend.

Well, that's not the only problem because now someone is turning people from Meena's past into vampires which are stopping at nothing to try and kill her. She must use everything she has to figure out this mystery before she turns up dead.

When I first started to read this novel, I will admit I was a little confused. But, as I looked at the Author's website, I noticed that it was in fact a sequel to her novel titled Insatiable. Once into the book it didn't take long to catch up with what was going on and after the first couple of chapters I was truly enchanted.

All of the characters seemed like real people and the main character, Meena, was a strong and flawed character, and so very right for the story.

All in all a very good book that rightly deserves 4/5 Stars...

For more information on Overbite and Insatiable you can click the link below or go to the HarperCollins Website or Meg Cabot's Website




2 comments:

  1. I have never read this author. It sounds really good. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Meg Cabot's books because of their sly humor, their underdog heroines, and their zany take on paranormal anything. I came to Meg's writing via her teen novels when I was working as a teen librarian.

    ReplyDelete